South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is an open-cut mine that is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- Annual short-term incentive bonus that recognizes both your individual performance and the overall success of the business.
- Education assistance up to $8000 per year
- 26 weeks full-paid, or 52 weeks half-paid parental leave for primary carers
- Excellent facilities including gym, beachside workout area, swimming pool, golf course, tennis and squash courts, sports oval and scenic walking tracks
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a permanent position on a 4:3 roster, residential on Groote Eylandt or FIFO from Darwin/Cairns. Domestic relocation assistance to Alyangula, Darwin, or Cairns from anywhere in Australia provided.
As the Superintendent Operations Planning & Support, you will play an integral role in the success of short planning and measurement services at GEMCO. The role is accountable for leadership of the Survey and Short Term mine planning teams as well as the successful support and integration with the operations production teams. As technical expert you will find opportunities to coach mining engineers and surveyors from a variety of background. The role will work closely with site operations, technical teams and align the day-to-day production with the operation’s annual budget forecast.
Other key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Coach and lead a diverse team of mining engineers and surveyors in all aspect of mine planning and measurement services.
- Responsible for the delivery of the weekly mine plan and all associated planning tasks required to deliver all mining and rehabilitation enabling activities required within the operation’s 90 Day forecast.
- Responsible for the safe delivery of all survey controls and UAV operations required to support the mining operation.
- Ensure short term alignment to medium and long term strategy
You will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- A commitment to safety and continuous improvement, including process improvement
- A Bachelor of Engineering degree (Mining or Civil) or equivalent
- Experience in working in large open pit mining operations
- Understanding of value drivers in large open pit mining operations
- Advanced in plan planning software packages
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
This job advert will close on Thursday 30th November 2023.