- Lead a high-performing, cohesive asset management team
- Permanent full-time opportunity supporting Bell Bay Aluminium, Tasmania
- Lead your team with Care, Courage and Curiosity
About the role
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
We are looking for a Superintendent Potrooms Maintenance to work with a diverse and passionate group of stakeholders to continue the journey towards Asset Management excellence at our Aluminium Smelter at Bell Bay. Leading with a continuous improvement mindset you will be responsible for the safe and effective execution of all Potrooms maintenance functions. Equally as important to the success of the maintenance functions is the leadership and coaching of all key members of the team, leading by example in a safety-focused manner that will encourage people to learn and develop whilst feeling supported.
Leading on the frontline is one of the most important jobs in our business and comes with a huge amount of responsibility. We need you to motivate, inspire and keep your people safe and well.With signature leadership training programmes, growing and developing is more than an opportunity – it is something we actively plan and make happen. Every day our leaders grow, while our location at the heart of the Tamar Valley helps you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family.
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced people leader to manage a broad portfolio of work designed to future proof our operations and further develop their career and experience whilst fostering a collaborative team culture on site.
Reporting to the Manager Asset Management and working a 9 day fortnight, you will:
- Passionately lead, coach and develop a diverse team of asset management personnel to achieve safety, environmental, asset management and operational objectives
- Create an interdependent safety culture where teams feel ownership and responsibility for safety
- Assign task accountability and provide feedback and coaching to leaders and team members, which includes recognising achievements and provision of development plans
- Play a key role in the safe and effective execution of all maintenance functions within the Potrooms
- Help define a vision and roadmap to deliver our asset management strategy
- Develop and maintain systems, processes and practices to increase maintenance execution efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborate effectively across the business to find innovative solutions to increase plant reliability
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive culture within your teams, where diversity of thought is championed and celebrated
What you’ll bring
- Excellent team management and leadership capability
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Strategic thinking, action planning and the ability to transform ideas into reality
- An ability to achieve outcomes through influence and collaboration with others
- Previous experience or background in asset management / maintenance execution
- Previous experience in a heavy industry or similar environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Sound computer literacy including exposure to SAP or other maintenance management systems
- Strong stakeholder engagement and facilitation abilities
- An understanding of maintenance task development, planning, budgetting and execution
- A passion for people and values-based leadership
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals, and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive.
We have been mining for 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Where you’ll be working
Our Bell Bay Aluminium smelter began operating in 1955 and holds a unique place in Tasmanian and Australian history as the first aluminium smelter in the Southern Hemisphere. Based approximately 50 kilometres from Launceston in Northern Tasmania, the smelter produces primary aluminium products. We have a long and proud history in Tasmania of supporting our community and are committed to building enduring relationships built on mutual respect, collaboration, and genuine partnership. You can learn more here: https://bellbayaluminium.com.au/
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.