Drill Supervisor – West Angelas
- Great role to continue your growth and development in a rewarding leadership role
- Supportive team culture with a focus on inclusion, safety and work life balance
- Bring your whole authentic self to the role
About the role
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
We are looking for a Drill Supervisor to provide leadership to a multiskilled team, actively promote safety awareness and safe work practices, and have a passion for driving and harnessing a great team culture. This opportunity is on a fly in, fly out basis from Perth, Busselton, or Broome on a family friendly 8/6,7/7 roster.
This is a great opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise to a dynamic site and further your career aspirations. Leading on the frontline is one of the most important jobs in our business and comes with a huge amount of responsibility. We need you to motivate, inspire and keep your people safe and well. Reporting to the Superintendent Drill & Blast and working in a challenging and exciting environment, you will:
- Be an inspiring role model and coach for positive behaviours, practices, and processes, whilst providing leadership, development, and support to your team and develop team future leaders
- Work collaboratively with peers across multiple disciplines to deliver the mine plan, supervise and coordinate drilling activities onsite
- Ensure all activities undertaken are compliant with relevant statutory regulations and business standards and policies
- Complete daily inspections of all work areas, and regular field interactions with the team to develop a safe and effective work culture
- Contribute to the HSE system and increase awareness to enable an injury free and environmentally responsible workplace
What you’ll bring
- A can do attitude with a willingness to energise and motivate others
- Commitment to the safety of yourself and everyone on site and in our communities
- A strong connection to our values of Care, Curiosity and Courage
- Demonstrated experience and confidence in leading, developing, and coaching people
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- An ability to work under pressure and coordinate multiple work fronts
What we offer
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, generous paid parental benefit, sick leave)
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
About Rio Tinto
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, we own an integrated portfolio of iron ore assets: a world-class, integrated network of 17 mines, four independent port terminals, a rail network spanning nearly 2,000 kilometres and related infrastructure – all designed to respond rapidly to changes in demand.
We are one of the world’s leading producers and exporters of iron ore.
Where you’ll be working
Located 110km west of Newman, West Angelas operates on a fly in fly out roster from Perth, Broome and Busselton.
West Angelas is a pioneer in autonomous technologies – we were the first site to trial autonomous haul trucks and incorporate autonomous drilling into our operations in 2008, and we continue to have one of the largest mining fleets in the Pilbara.
Our high grade, low phosphorous Marra Mamba orebody is an integral part of the Pilbara Blend, contributing both lump and fines products on around four trains each day. At the West Angelas hub there are state-of-the-art power generation and refuelling facilities. These facilities supply power and diesel fuel to the East Pilbara mine sites.
The future is bright at West Angelas with ongoing growth projects at Deposits C and D, as well as additional deposits under study providing enormous opportunities for personal development and career growth.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Applications close on the 4th of December 2023 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)