At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About Operations Services
BHP Operations Services delivers industry leading mining services across BHP operations Australia-wide with specialist capabilities in load and haul, fixed plant maintenance and mobile maintenance. BHP Operations Services has a strong focus on people capability and culture. Our people are our greatest asset and are at the centre of everything that we do. We focus on high performance safety and productivity through our people. With world-class training that is unmatched in the industry and the opportunity to advance your career across locations and commodities, join the team and make your place in BHP.
About the Role
Operations Services Production is currently recruiting for an experienced Production Supervisor to work with our team at Nickel West Deployment. Reporting to the Production Superintendent, working in a fast-paced open cut environment, this role allows the ability to apply your knowledge, experience and lead a team across areas such as production and drill & blast.
As a Production Supervisor with BHP, you will be responsible for leading a team of multi-skilled production technicians in executing the mine plan whilst achieving safe and optimal outcomes for the open cut production team. You will be actively involved in BOS routines to deliver effective outcomes and continuous improvement, field leadership and mastery activities and engaging your team to reach their full potential.
These opportunities are well suited to someone who has people leadership capability and is looking to be part of a team which is shaping processes and contributing to meeting and exceeding targets, within a changing and diverse workforce.
In this role you will:
- Execute production activities to plan through the management of people and equipment;
- Oversee open cut production;
- Lead, coach and mentor a crew of multi skilled operators to deliver the plan and build a high-performance team, you will be in the field a minimum 80% of your time;
- Identify improvement opportunities and work collaboratively with other departments to ensure efficiency and production is maximized.
Your strong desire to work with your team to ensure they are safely delivering their best will see you well placed for success. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are a must allowing you to build relationships across the team.
You will also ideally have:
- Unrestricted WA quarry manager certification;
- Met the conditions of a section 26 statutory supervisor;
- Knowledge of Mine Safety & Inspection and OHS Act/Regulations;
- A background in leading a team in a frontline supervisory capacity;
- Demonstrated experience working in production and drill & blast environment;
- Demonstrate managing multiple conflicting priorities and strong decision-making skills to achieve the best outcome for crews and production in the short and long term;
- Collaborative relationship building and negotiation skills in order to engage others and work on accountability;
- Sound computer literacy with exposure to interpreting shift metrics to drive optimal production behaviours;
- Support and grow a culture of diversity and personal development within the team;
- Ability to inspire and develop operators including those new to industry;
- Your ability to communicate, engage and build trust with your team will help you deliver on your commitments and will position you well for future career opportunities.
What's on offer:
- A great 'Lifestyle' roster 7/7 DN
- Permanent employment with BHP Operations Services with all the benefits of full-time work;
- Attractive remuneration according to current market;
- Annual Bonus;
- BHP Shareplus Program;
- Continuous focus on developing and upskilling our people with the possibility to diversified your equipment experience;
- Smaller teams focused on diversity, culture, safety, processes and performance;
- Village located in Leinster;
- Transportation to site – Flights are provided from Perth to Mount Keith.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.