Supervisor Signals Maintenance Coastal
- Join our team to work in a leading-edge rail environment
- Excellent opportunity for a proven leader with a strong signals background
- Fantastic residential living by the coast- 08/06 Roster (4 days on, 4 nights on, 6 days off) - Dampier
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape the city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life. Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
We are looking for a Supervisor Signals Maintenance Coastal to lead a team responsible for the maintenance and operation of the Signals and Systems network within Rio Tinto's rail division. This role plays a key part in ensuring that safety, maintenance, and operational targets are achieved in line with RTIO policy, asset management processes as well as relevant legislation and regulations.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for a driven individual with proven leadership experience and strong people management skills to engage with and drive your team to success. Working 8 days on, 6 off roster (4 days on, 4 nights on, 6 days off) and reporting to the Superintendent Signals Maintenance Coastal, you will be:
- Overseeing the efficient completion of planned maintenance and inspections of signalling system network to ensure the safe and reliable operation of the railway
- Communicating regularly with key stakeholders including Train Control, Network Specialist, Rail Operations and Engineering Support regarding the signalling system
- Defining performance expectations for employees and coaching performance against these standards
- Coaching and developing team members and providing leadership through frequent and proactive field engagement
- Driving and promoting a zero-harm culture through proactive safety leadership
- Assisting with the development and implementation of improvement projects
- Continue to identify opportunities to improve the performance of people, processes & systems
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience
- WA A grade electrical licence or equivalent
- Strong background in heavy haul rail
- Previous experience in rail signalling
- Proficient in SAP and workflow management processes
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn