Technical Workshop Coordinator
- Fantastic leadership opportunity with exciting growth and development pathway
- Great mixture of planning, budgeting and leadership on our Caterpillar equipment
- Role based in the beautiful tropical town of Gove, huge range of benefits!
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
About the role
Leading on the frontline is one of the most important jobs in our business and comes with a huge amount of responsibility. We need you to motivate, inspire and keep your people safe and well.
With signature leadership training programmes, growing and developing is more than an opportunity – it is something we actively plan and make happen. Every day our leaders grow, while our rosters are designed to help you live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family.
We are looking for a Heavy Mobile Equipment Coordinator to work alongside our talented Workshop Supervisors to assist the Heavy Mobile Maintenance team extract maximum value from the mining equipment fleet through cost base reduction projects and ongoing maintenance improvement initiatives. This is a unique leadership opportunity which includes leadership of employees, contractors and small projects. We are looking for a great people leader with capability in planning and budgeting and a desire to progress and step-up when required.
Reporting to the Mining Maintenance Superintendent and working Monday-Friday (day shift only, great work life balance); you will be:
- Providing visible leadership and driving a positive safety culture and respectful behaviours within your team of professionals as well as contractors working for Rio Tinto
- Continually developing and upskilling team members
- Completing data analysis to identify safety improvements, cost saving and/or efficiency improvements
- Completing monthly Heavy Mobile Equipment reporting (Maintenance/Repairs/Breakdowns)
- Supporting the delivery of the Defect Elimination process for HME
- Reviewing data integrity for HME downtime and translation of Wenco and SAP
- Leading the root cause analysis processes to ensure component failures are investigated and mitigating or eliminating strategies are implemented. You will also be involved with ordering parts and planning work for breakdowns
- Assisting with the development of operating and maintenance strategies to maximize availability of equipment with intent to deliver operational targets.
- Driving continuous improvement with regards to overall HME performance.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Failure analysis and/or reliability qualifications is desirable
- Working knowledge of MEM equipment breakdown management experience- ability to troubleshoot, locate and solve unplanned breakdowns
- Skills in planning/budgeting/shutdowns
- Proficiency in SAP
- Experience leading teams and contract management
- A passion for leadership and alignment to Rio Tinto’s values and vision
- A continuous improvement mindset.
What we offer
- Domestic relocation assistance
- Remote area allowance (25% of base salary)
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
- Heavily subsidised housing and utilities
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more).
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals, and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive.
We have been mining for 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Where you will be working
Our Gove Operations have been supplying the global aluminium industry with world-class bauxite for more than 40 years. Located in Australia’s Northern Territory, each year the operation produces approximately 12 million tonnes of bauxite.
With a workforce of 460 people, daily activities include mine operations, maintenance, asset management, shutdown planning and execution, export operations, cultural heritage management, and closure activities following our decision to close the site’s alumina refinery and associated Residue Disposal Area in 2017.
We expect our bauxite mining operations on the Gove Peninsula will cease in 2030 and we are undertaking significant work to support closure of the operation. We also recognise our operations take place on Indigenous-owned land, and we are committed to working together to achieve a positive future for Nhulunbuy and the Gove Peninsula post-mining.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.