Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering an end-to-end service to clients throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of civil work, surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon have secured a 5-year Surface and Underground mining contract with RED 5 ltd, the mine will have annual production above 200kozpa, King of the Hills is Australia’s next major Gold Mine which will feature State-of-the-Art Technology 85% new plant and brand-new camp facilities. Due to our ongoing growth, Macmahon are currently seeking enthusiastic and experienced people to join the team at the "King of the Hills” mine located in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia 28km north of Leonora.
Macmahon is committed to attracting high potential employees and believe that our people define our competitive edge in the marketplace, driving our growth. We are currently seeking an experienced Tyre Fitter on a 2:1 roster with responsibilities not limited to:
• Inspection of tyres and related components (e.g. rims) – checking for signs of damage and wear;
• Air pressure inspections;
• Measuring thread depths;
• Conducting period end checks of site fleet;
• Performing monthly stock takes within required guidelines;
• Embracing and supporting the maintenance departments planning strategy regarding work order management and defect elimination;
• Ensuring all relevant documents are submitted efficiently and accurately on time for processing;
• Ability and willingness to conduct other tasks when required.
• Previous experience in a similar role on a large scale mining project;
• Australian Recognised Trade Certificate in Tyre Fitter and Handling;
• Knowledge of and experience working on heavy mobile plant;
• Ability to work independently as well as a part of the team;
• Great interpersonal and communication skills;
• Demonstrating commitment to Macmahon safety culture and values; and
• Current Drivers License.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks.
Macmahon offers our people the ability to work in diverse roles, in different locations and realise new opportunities within the Company over time. We are focused on ensuring our people can be involved in the future of the business and look for new opportunities for people to grow and develop. Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.