DISCOVER A BRIGHTER FUTURE
At South32, we’re meeting the challenge of enabling a sustainable future through our focus on responsibly producing commodities critical for a low-carbon world.
As a collaborative, caring and inclusive company, there’s no better place to make a genuine difference. Together we’re making a positive, global impact that has the potential to change lives.
Whatever career path you choose, we’ll support you every step of the way to learn, grow and succeed. So join us, step towards a brighter future and leave your legacy.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is an open-cut mine that is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- 26 weeks full-paid, or 52 weeks half-paid parental leave for primary carers
- Education assistance up to $8000 per year
- Flexible work options include working from home and flexible hours
- Residential option offers low-cost living and generous reimbursable family Holiday Travel Assistance
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a Permanent position on a 4:3 roster (preferred), FIFO from Darwin or Cairns to Groote Eylandt. Please note that Residential living, and alternative FIFO rosters will be considered.
As the Water Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the maintenance and operation of the mine’s water management systems through the whole of water cycle, demonstrated by well-planned, well-defined pit dewatering processes, monitoring and systems.
Other key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Manage relevant internal water projects for site Water Management to meet objectives set in collaboration with short and medium‑term planning teams
- Oversee dewatering assets, including generators, pumps, pipework, ancillary equipment
- Manage critical surface/groundwater and dewatering monitoring systems, procedures, and associated databases
- Monitor water quality, manage discharge, water storage and usage
You will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- Prior experience gained in a similar role within Mining Operations, Consultancy or other water management roles
- Ability to educate and influence on importance of dewatering and water management operations
- Technical background in Water Systems; reticulation, pumping, telemetry
Qualifications for this position are:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Geoscience, Geological or Environmental desirable. Direct industry experience considered in lieu of a tertiary qualification
South32 is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we operate. We provide a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
This job advert will close on Tuesday 5th March 2024.